COMMUNITY IMPACT IN 2017
At Cy-Fair FCU, we’re committed to weaving “good” into everything we do.
Started by 10 local educators, we have a special and historic connection to the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District, and are honored to partner in its success as one of the top school districts in Texas.
Over the years, we’ve helped fund important education programs, as well as encouraged the dreams and aspirations of promising local students and teachers. Our support includes:
- $664,000 to the district in direct financial contributions
- $185,000 worth of scholarships to 190 high school seniors to help pay for higher education
- Thousands of dollars in classroom improvements through our annual Extreme Classroom Makeover initiative.
- Two years of mortgage payments ($48,000 total) and a New Car Giveaway ($15,000 total) to outstanding educators as part of our Spotlight Teacher Giveaways
In 2017 alone, we poured more than $260,000 worth of financial support into local organizations and people.
While we’re proud of all the good we’ve been able to do in our community,
we’ve recently challenged ourselves to do more.
COMMUNITY ONLY BETTER
In 2013, we launched our Community Only Better Initiative—a 10-year, $500,000 pledge to invest in organizations and causes that strengthen our community. Each year since 2013, we’ve surpassed our $50,000 annual giving goal, contributing $62,125 in 2017, and a total of $260,966.
Community Only Better isn’t just about financial support. With encouragement from our paid community hours policy, Cy-Fair FCU employees also logged 1,376 community hours in 2017, worth an estimated $46,000.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY PROGRAM
Our Social Responsibility Program takes a holistic approach to community impact. This program includes:
- Monetary support and ongoing financial counsel to our local partners
- Additional fundraising for our partners’ work—School Spirit Debit Cards help raise funds for a local school of choice, and a credit card program that generates donations from a certain percentage of each transaction to local non-profits
- Encouraging staff and members to support partner organizations with their time, money and skills
- An employer match for employee nonprofit donations
- Promoting financial, social and environmental stewardship across our credit union—such as minimizing the environmental impact of our current and future branches
CY-FAIR FCU STADIUM AT THE RICHARD E. BERRY EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT CENTER
This $1.5 million partnership with Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District provides $150,000 annually in financial support for the school district’s operating budget. Our sponsorship can fund up to three classroom salaries each year and will help continue student-enriching programs like art, theater, music, history, and debate.
Cy-Fair FCU has a long and storied history of giving back.
We want to do even more, to think bigger and more creatively in support of our great community!